IRS Clarifies What’s Needed to Claim Tax Credit

Daily Real Estate News  | February 22, 2010

IRS Clarifies What’s Needed to Claim Tax Credit
The Internal Revenue Service has clarified which documentation taxpayers need to submit to claim the first-time and move-up homebuyer tax credit.

While the IRS is still requiring the filing of Form 5405, it is not demanding that all parties’ signatures be on the HUD-1 settlement document in areas where requiring both the buyer and the seller to sign the document isn’t common.
Continue reading “IRS Clarifies What’s Needed to Claim Tax Credit”

Tax Credit for New Home Purchase

Tax credit amounts

California allocated $100,000,000 for this tax credit. Buyers must apply for credit allocation from us. We will review applications and allocate credit on a first-come, first-served basis. Once $100,000,000 has been allocated, the tax credit will no longer be available. We began issuing certificates of credit allocation on May 1, 2009. Please check this page for updates on the allocated and remaining credits available. Continue reading “Tax Credit for New Home Purchase”